10/13/2013

Yokohama Beer Festival

I was invited to attend a beer festival in Yokohoma by a friend today. I've never been to a beer festival nor, more importantly, had I been to Yokohama before, so it was a good opportunity to knock out both at once.

The area around Sakuragichou Station:




A live performance of an English song (I forget which)



After a 10-minute walk, we arrived:


It was quite packed:



I don't generally drink beer and don't like paying inflated festival prices either, so I hadn't intended on getting a beer -- leave it to me to go to beer festival and not drink anything -- but my friend found an inexpensive alternative:

Ha! At 300 yen, I couldn't complain.
It tasted like normal beer to me.
 The road back:





In the evening, I attend a game night at a friend house. We mainly played small indie games and a couple of card games and had a blast. I also had a very surprising reunion with another Yamasa schoolmate who lives in Tokyo, which was awesome. Playing games while chatting is a good way to catch up, let me tell you.

Also, these are some of the best chips I've ever eaten. I swear, I could barely control myself.

No comments