10/24/2013

Sushi and Chiba

Today, I met up with a blog friend at Tokyo Station for lunch. We weren't sure what or where to eat (I'm so useless at those times) so we explored the large building across the street (I forget its name) until we came across a nice-looking sushi restaurant.




In the evening, I ended up visiting BlueSkyInTX in Chiba. We attended a nice three-person party at a very Japanese establishment. What follows are some delicious photos of the meal shared there. Be warned.








Then BlueSky and I went out for okonomiyaki at an equally Japanese, but more laid-back, restaurant!





I ate a lot of good food this day. I like the feel of Japanese restaurants, though I think I still have a lot to learn about them and Japanese food.

3 comments

Elddonnemar said...

I couldn't resist torturing myself by looking at the photos.[sob] It all looks super delicious.

The feel of the informal place is awesome!

bikenglish said...

以前、ドラマでこんなセリフがありました。(食事がおいしいかは)「何を食べるかでなくて、誰と食べるかだ」。楽しいひと時だったようですね。

関東から福岡に来ている人たちが、口々に、「福岡(又は九州)は、食べる物がおいしい」と言います。機会があれば、是非ジョンさんにも食べてもらいたいですね。

ジョン said...

Elddonnemar> Yeah, I love restaurants with atmospheres like that. I think they can be tough to order from on my own, though.

Bikenglishさん> とてもいいセリフで気に入りました!食べ物はぜひ食べてもらいたいですね。